Welcome and Introductory Discussion Forum

Hi from Rockland!

Picture of Ashley Miller Helmholdt
Re: Hi from Rockland!
by Ashley Miller Helmholdt - Monday, July 20, 2020, 4:06 PM

Hi Kristen,

I love that your background brings together art and education in the garden - that's a big focus of the youth side of Cornell Garden-Based Learning, but I would love to see more of this in the adult programs throughout the state.  This is a great time to also be incorporating more climate change and food security programming into the MGV work, as that's our focus statewide as well - that is a big focus of the new Food Forest Trial Garden program I will be developing with others at CCE over the next few years.  If this is of interest to you, let's definitely chat about getting you involved!  If you'd ever like to promote your webinars statewide to other MGV and MGV coordinators, I'm happy to share them in our newsletter as well - I usually check the CCE Admin website for updates on these programs (https://staff.cce.cornell.edu/units/cce-programming-during-covid-19-pandemic) or just let me know what you'd like me to promote.

Thanks for all of your great work - by the way, your volunteers were also amazing in this course last spring!

Ashley