Discussion Forum: Your Experience with Herbaceous Plants

Herbaceous Plants - My experience

Picture of Teresa Evans
Herbaceous Plants - My experience
by Teresa Evans - Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 8:32 PM

Looks like I completed this exercise back in 2021.  However, I don't know how to access it to review/audit what I wrote.  LOL!  Will complete again.  Would be interesting to see if my answers are similar.

I was a "late bloomer", as my gardening "experience" did not start until I was in my early 30's.  At the time I was working for a wholesale grower of dwarf and unusual conifers in Oregon.  For six years I absorbed everything I could on the woody plants that were appropriate for Zones 2 through 6.   As time went on, I was drawn over to the herbaceous plants!  Now I am a 'certified' plant geek!  My New York garden is a mixture of conifers and herbaceous perennials.  After 10 years I am starting to gain confidence in my Florida garden and experimenting more in plant selection. 

My PLAN... to start gardening like I am 85 years old and STOP buying plants that need maintenance or are borderline hardy!

Picture of Francesca Deierlein
Re: Herbaceous Plants - My experience
by Francesca Deierlein - Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 12:28 PM

LOL.  I like your response about buying plants like an 85 y/o lady and move on to easier maintenance plants.   Me too!!