Welcome! Click Here to Introduce Yourself

Introduction-T.Evans

Picture of Teresa Evans
Introduction-T.Evans
by Teresa Evans - Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 5:04 PM

Greetings to all!

This is SO exciting!  To be part of the MGV training and to have an opportunity to get to know all of you.  We have such diverse backgrounds and "goals".  I am looking forward to having great discussions and collaborations!

My love for gardening started when in my 30's I started working for a dwarf conifer/Japanese maple grower in Oregon.  It wasn't until about 20 years ago when I moved to Rome that I had a REAL garden to plan/play with.  It has been fantastic!  My husband says that I move plants around like some people move furniture.  Frankly... the furniture in the house hasn't changed since I moved in... but the gardens have undergone major renovations!  :-)  We live on Lake Delta in Rome.  I have to plant for zone 3 on the lake bank, zone 4 closer to the house and zone 5 on the road-side of the house.  Interesting challenge!

I am looking forward to the in-depth curriculum from the Master Gardener program.  I can identify the various cultivars of dwarf Norway spruce... but know VERY little about how to identify the "misplaced plants" [aka weeds] that grow so profusely.

And... we are snowbirds, spending 7 months of the year in Naples, Florida.  THAT is a very different gardening experience!

Picture of Kristi Kingsbury Fowler
Re: Introduction-T.Evans
by Kristi Kingsbury Fowler - Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 2:27 PM

Hello Teresa. I am new to the forum and an excited to work with you. I too have a knack for moving plants like furniture!