Welcome! Click Here to Introduce Yourself

Intro

Picture of Jessica Maureen Hinsdill
Intro
by Jessica Maureen Hinsdill - Thursday, June 3, 2021, 2:31 PM

My name is Jessica, I'm a mother of 2 (age 6 and 10), partnering with my fiancé and his 2 children. During COVID, I paused my own education towards a Clinic Nutritionist degree and also my children's, and began homeschooling. This time has given us a great moment to reflect and get closer to what matters to us, as a family. I've always enjoyed having a vegetable garden and growing herbs, foraging wild edible and medicinal plants. This year I am working on expanding medicinal herbs and  more permaculture/perennial edible landscaping. Today was the first day our shiitake logs (started fall 2019) started producing mushrooms! I would really like to make this into a small business and attend farmer's markets in the future. 

Recently, with things going so distanced and digital I've been pondering how I can help our community get back to nature and we are now in the beginning stages of a community garden and Nature Club for kids. 

Excited to learn and grow with you all! 

Picture of Meredith Leland
Re: Intro
by Meredith Leland - Monday, June 7, 2021, 8:13 PM

Hi Jessica! Nice to meet you.  Hats off to you for homeschooling during the pandemic.  I'm really interested in learning about medicinal plants.  I also always wanted to grow mushrooms but was too scared.  Would love to know how to forage for them in the woods.  My cousin in Italy is an expert at that.  I hope to have his fried porcinis again someday!

Picture of Teresa Evans
by Teresa Evans - Wednesday, June 9, 2021, 5:07 PM

Hi Jessica,

Nice to meet you!   Clinical Nutritionist and helping the community getting back to nature are two GREAT endeavors!  Looking forward to hearing more about your successes!

Picture of Kristi Kingsbury Fowler
by Kristi Kingsbury Fowler - Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 2:30 PM

Hi Jessica (and welcome). I would love to learn more about your medicinal garden herbs. Looking forward to meeting you.