Welcome and Introductory Discussion Forum

Introduction

Picture of Jessica Ms.
Introduction
by Jessica Ms. - Friday, July 17, 2020, 11:40 AM

Hi all! My name is Jessica Holmes, and I am the Master Gardener Coordinator in Warren County, along with helping out the Saratoga County program. We have about 50 active Master Gardeners in Warren County and typically have five new each year after training. I was most excited about the greenhouse we received through a grant when I first started, and I think the Master Gardeners felt the same way. We had a great couple of sales, and they were really involved in every step of the way between planting, transplanting, watering, even though this year was very limited. CCE and Soil and Water partnered together to create a pollinator garden at a local cemetery in Queensbury last year, and now they are helping to maintain this. There were about 20 of us who helped complete the planting last year. For being as far north as we are, they certainly have a lot of fo community gardens and projects they work on.

Picture of Donna Alese Cooke
Re: Introduction
by Donna Alese Cooke - Monday, July 20, 2020, 9:43 AM

Welcome, Jessica! Nice to see all the good work your MGV's are doing here in Saratoga and Warren. The greenhouse is a nice addition, and will help in so many aspects of your program!

Picture of Ashley Miller Helmholdt
by Ashley Miller Helmholdt - Monday, July 20, 2020, 3:52 PM

Hello Jessica,

Welcome to the course!  Thank you for your project overview, this is a great idea to partner with a local cemetery and Soil and Water on a community greening project.  It sounds like having a greenhouse is pretty essential for a successful plant sale in your region - did you all transition to an online ordering system?

Thanks for sharing,

Ashley

Picture of Jessica Ms.
by Jessica Ms. - Thursday, July 23, 2020, 2:27 PM

We send out fill in PDF order forms and did scheduled pickups. It worked out for this year!