Reading a Pesticide Label Discussion Forum

reading pesticide labels

Picture of Francesca Deierlein
reading pesticide labels
by Francesca Deierlein - Friday, September 23, 2022, 5:43 PM

I am always 'extra cautious' with warning labels because of the potential for harm.   Pesticides that come in liquid form make me uncomfortable because of the potential for exposure to the skin, lungs, eyes, especially if young children are around. That is the reason I use them as a last resort.  I will use ant traps because I am more comfortable with them.  Liquid pesticides are similar to chemotherapy which require specific care when using them.     That is the reason I use them as a last resort.  New York is a strongly regulated state and the warnings should be detailed to prevent misuse.  With that said, at times, the labels are difficult to read because the printing is small.  I can almost understand if someone did not take the time to read the label and instructions completely because of the size of the print, or lengthy  wording.   The labels and instructions are written for safe use;  the product should not be purchased  if the buyer  choses to not read the label in its entirety in order to save time, or out of frustration.  Safety first.  

Picture of Holly Wise
Re: reading pesticide labels
by Holly Wise - Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 12:57 PM

Great response!  Thanks