Presented in collaboration with Miner Institute, this course will cover basic principles of dairy cattle nutrition and their application within dairy herd management.
This course is designed primarily for early career nutritionists and allied industry professionals seeking a more comprehensive foundation in the principles of dairy cattle nutrition.
- Teacher: Heather Darrow
This course is reserved for QMPS Internship Students
- Teacher: Robert Lynch
This course will begin with agronomic factors that influence forage quality and follow key strategies for harvest, preservation and feedout of quality feed. It will be valuable for decision makers and key employees in the cropping and feeding system on the farm. There will be a mix of basic “101” level material combined with more advanced concepts and recent research findings.
- Fermentation and Silage Science
- Forage Variety Selection & Quality Considerations
- Forage Harvest Management
- Silage Storage & Management
- TMR Mixing Procedure & Maintenance
- Feed out and Feed Bunk Management