News Forum

Week 1 Announcement

Picture of Chrys Gardener
Week 1 Announcement
by Chrys Gardener - Monday, April 13, 2020, 7:24 AM

Greetings Educators,

Today is our official first day of Week 1. We will focus on the basics of organic gardening and try to answer the question of, “What is organic gardening?” Please enjoy the variety of readings and activities that this week provides.

Thank you so much for introducing yourselves during our introductory period. It is lovely to see such a lively student discussion forum, keep it up! I’ve enjoyed reading through your background information surveys and look forward to helping each of you achieve your goals.

Whether you are a seasoned gardener looking to sharpen your skills or someone brand new to gardening, I think you will find the next few weeks to be fruitful.

If you haven't had a chance to fill out the survey yet, here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FDJ9N2L

I know that with the current lock down in many places you might not be on your 'normal' schedules, and you may be juggling working from home and homeschooling kids along with taking this course. I don't want this course to add to your stress levels! While I encourage you to stay on track so you don't fall behind, there is a grace period so if you can't get your assignments turned in by Saturday night you can still turn them in in a few days late. Also Week 3 is a break week and can be used to catch up on readings, journal writing and assignments.

Just one quick reminder, please make sure to click the “Save” button at the bottom of the submission page to make sure your work is truly submitted and not marked as a draft. You will get the hang of it.

Have a great week!

Chrys