News and Updates

Assignment to due before in person meeting 6.22.21

Picture of Holly Wise
Assignment to due before in person meeting 6.22.21
by Holly Wise - Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 3:58 PM

Hi! MGV Trainees,

As you review the Introduction and Peer Learning  at this time you only need to complete the Journal Entry:  Your Identity Pie Chart Worksheet before we meet again on Tuesday, June 22nd.  Please skip the Action Project Planning Worksheet with Due Dates.   We will talk more about action project which could  highlight something from the Extension's Parker F. Scripture Gardens  when we meet.   In the past, the trainees would give a mini learning session that was 10 to 15 minutes long to seasoned gardeners.  Ex.  Highlighting plants growing in a herb bed; pollinator garden/butterfly house, AAS Garden, Cornell VVT bed(s).  These mini learning sessions were prepared, towards the middle and end of the training sessions.  That way you have more background.  Possible action project that one could engage early in the training is keeping track, taking photos of the Cornell Vegetable Varieties that are planted here.  Harvest time tasting, rating the veggie grown.

I hope this is helpful for you.  I'm sure you all are looking forward to Module #1 that will start with Plant Biology!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to reach out to me.