Participant Forum: Please Introduce Yourself!

Introduction

Picture of Anne Gallagher
Introduction
by Anne Gallagher - Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 3:43 PM

Hello,

I'm Annie. Usually I am in the DC area, but Covid has changed my path a bit. I will be helping my sister and her new baby temporarily in Pensacola, FL. I am a gardener interested in herbaceous perennials with pervious greenhouse work on a farm. I'd like to expand my knowledge to permaculture.

I am interested in switching fields into horticulture, whether that is at a nursery, a garden, or what, I am unsure. I was working at a non-profit and kept finding myself daydreaming in the office about my garden and potential gardens I can create. I would speak with my friends, who also have an interest in the field; and we would discuss changes that can be made to urban gardening by bringing back a connection to nature and our relationship to it.

Therefore, I am ready to learn as much as I can about permaculture through the lessons, readings, and discussion forums. I would like to do the Permaculture three-part certificate series as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone virtually!

Annie

Picture of Michael Burns
Re: Introduction
by Michael Burns - Friday, October 23, 2020, 8:38 PM

Welcome to the course. I hope this Permacultue Institute course helps inspire your urban gardening. Your interest in perennials is a great start.