Examine the basics of permaculture design and learn the potential for ecological design on a multitude of scales and contexts. Particpants will study the foundational ethics, principles, and planning tools to design ecological sites in the context of their local ecosystem and future climate change.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define permaculture and describe examples of permaculture sites
- Apply permaculture ethics and principles to a variety of contexts
- Discuss impacts of climate change and adaption strategies
- Consider appropriate use of energy and technology in sustainable systems
- Understand a range of multi-purpose plants and design multi-kingdom polycultures